My flight went really well. I had the whole center row (4 seats) to myself so I was able to stretch out and sleep a good part of the trip. The weather here is nice. There's a bite to the air, but it has been clear all day so far. It's a nice change from the warm weather back home. It will be warm here soon enough.

leo relaxes on his new bed
It's kind of weird to have the house to myself. Sean had to work today, so it's my first day here and I'm just sort of rattling around the place. I made a slightly uneventful lunch - mom you'll be happy to know I turned on unfamiliar gas burners - I made pasta, but pretty much forgot to season the sauce well enough so it was pretty bland. meh. what can you do?
Java has been fairly suspicious of me. Obiously she doesn't remember me from my last visit. A lady came to the door today while I was here alone and Java barked and barked - which isn't unusual - so it was akward talking to the lady whilst physically turning Java around and shoving her back into the house. As you can see, she gets especially weirded out when I take out the camera. Sean got her started chasing her tail a while back, so now when she gets excited or anxious she starts chasing her tail. This picture is right before a bark and a tail chase. When Sean left to go back to work after lunch she wouldn't go back inside. I had to turn her round physically and then I finally gave her a stern "Java come!" - she either got the point or finally gave up.

java sizes me up
Anyway, I now have my own set of keys. It looks as if the Nissan legacy continues with Dotty - Natalie's car.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some new hangers. The "w" trifecta of wood, wire and wal-mart just isn't going to make the cut.

Lastly, before I sign off today, my glass cross made it here without breaking. I had wrapped it in tissue and put it in my carry on bag. I'm glad I have it with me.
4 comments:
May I suggest some Cesar Milan techniques with Java? If you need any tips, I've done this many times.
Dear Erin,
Im so proud of your flying and cooking skills. Soon you will have Java eating out of your hand. I agree that new hangers are in order. Leo has the look of a well adjusted lion. How was Tirua?
Soon there will be pictures of the most beautiful woman in New Zealand I hope. Ok and her best friend too. This sight makes my life more tolerable.
Your significant Mom.
Denver calling!!
Erin, you are such a wonderful child following your heart and being led by the Lord in your venture. We all pray for you during your trip and want nothing but God's will for your life. We're all anxious to follow your blog and please extend a greeting to Sean. We'd love to meet him sometime soon! Your always welcome!
Loves to you, Brad, Gail, Arika and Annie.
I enjoyed chatting with you this p.m. Hopefully as time goes by I will get the hang of this. I certainly am never short for words when you are on this side of Lake Pacifica. Your dinner was satisfactory I trust. Our best to Sean and his Nan. May the Lord keep you in His mighty arms always. : )
Post a Comment