April 16, 2007

So, I know it's been like a decade and a half since I left you all hanging with my little "thumbs up" picture. I guess it just goes to show how dedicated I am to documenting important milestones in my life so that others can share in my joy.

So recap. I'm engaged. Sean proposed to me at Tairua on the beach (where we first met) on February 24th (23rd for all you Americans). We were set to have a picnic breakfast at sunrise on Paku (a hill with glorious views) but much to Sean's and my dismay another couple decided to hike up at exactly the same time and beat us to the top (ruining our chances for a nice solitary romantic moment) so we turned around and went back to the house. I thought maybe he was going to propose and that was why he was so upset, but he told me later that day he wasn't planning on proposing then so I was like, what the hey, why not?!? I wasn't really expecting him to propose later that day after all of that, but when we got to the rocks at the south end of the beach, I thought it might be coming. It was coming. I don't really want to give everything away because it's sort of clumsy to write in a blog, but I'm happy to tell anyone any further details that they may require. Suffice to say it was wonderful and I said yes.

Some of you probably have already recieved "save the date" cards for the wedding in the mail. Because of the venue we are restricted to 40 people in total at the wedding. The seating at the reception is near the same, so please don't be sad if you weren't invited. We are going to have a party for all of our friends before the wedding so that we can celebrate with everyone.

I'll be flying home two weeks from today (that puts me in Orange County on May 1st). There are plenty of things left to plan and plenty of weight to lose before the big day! I'm really excited to be coming home for awhile being as I won't be back for a year after the wedding. I can't wait to see my family and friends and it's funny how much I've missed the food and shopping back in California. Sometimes I just want a bean and cheese burrito from Taco Bell and a walk around Target. The weather is getting cooler here and it's going to be great to have another summer. It will be fitting to have that time to transition being as I've had so many wonderful memories in the California summer sunshine. I don't want to eulogize myself here, it's not like I'll never be back, but there's that feeling that life is changing. It's happy and sad all at the same time.

Anyway, I will see you all soon, and that makes me glad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definitley require more details, but I suppose I can wait a couple of weeks! I can't wait to see you.