Hi. Yes, I know it's been a while.
Firstly, Labour Weekend was really good, if not really wet. Driving down to Tairua we passed the "Calves - Weaners" sign, which is hilarious if you say it out loud.

Also quite nice is the Pink Pig Cafe

Saturday dawned overcast and it turned out to be just a taste of the weather to come. Sunday was overcast and drizzly and Monday howled and rained off and on. Everyone seemed keen on patrolling though, despite the weather. I don't quite remember how Sean ended up doing push-ups, but Alicia decided to make it a bit more difficult.

After Saturday's patrol, Alicia organized a bbq for the lifeguards (and family, etc.). It was basically sausages and a few haphazardly assorted sides like potato chips and salad. Sean and I ate with his parents beforehand, but Sean, who lost his voice earlier in the day, decided that the pavlova that was at the bbq would help his throat, so we went and said our hellos and swiped some dessert.
Driving home on monday was a bit of a chore. EVERYONE was on the road. We declined to take any detours and it ended up being a close to 4 hour drive back. (It's usually a 1.5-2.5 hour drive - depending on conditions) Here mom, a photo of Sean and I together taken while sitting in stop-and-go-but-mostly-stop traffic. I'm sure Sean will hate the way he looks in this picture, because that's the way he operates, but I think, hey! I can see his teeth! I like it! (Plus I think he's pretty cute all the time)

ALSO, I'll be starting 3 days a week at Discoverys on Monday. Hurrah! That means I'll know concretely when I'll be working. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 7-4. I'm happy that I'll have a solid 4 day weekend. (For possible travelling purposes.)
I worked on Tuesday from 10-2 just as a relief while one or two of the girls had a meeting. I took some pictures while I was there. My favourite little girl, Ayat (silent 't'), wasn't there, but her cousin Kiera (who likes to take whatever anybody else has) was there. They're a bit of a duo. I'll definitely try to get a picure of Ayat sometime soon.

I got to work a few minutes early and the over-twos were eating morning tea. It can be chaos, or it can be fine. Nobody ever really knows what kind of day it will be.

And finally, the caravan (camping trailer) break room. In the parking lot. That smells like cigarette smoke. Because pretty much all the employees smoke.

good times.
I have daydreamed about fixing that caravan up and going on a camping trip with it. It could be the coolest thing ever, but not like it is now. Actually, I still think it's pretty cool.

9 comments:
so many kittens perished and I feel as though I've lost a few days of my life, too. It's been hard on all of us. especially the kittens. meooooow.
Dear Ones,
The server has been down for a while today.
I so love the long and informative blog that came across my little laptop today.
Thank You for all the photos :)
I miss You two :( However it does My heart good to see, and hear, how Your lives are progressing.:)
It's very green there. We are having Santa Ana's here, and fires also.
Sean, Aren't You supposed to be the one standing over others as THEY do pushups ?
Our BBQ's consist of tube steaks and chips, But OH those desserts :)!!!!
I much enjoyed the photo of You on Your way home. Sean looks great as usual and Erin as pretty as ever!!!!! I miss those faces :(
Small Child...Adorable :)
The Little Ones having tea....Sweeeeet !!!!
Small trailer... Erin I'll work with You on that one :)
Does more than one really fit in there at the same time????? SOOO Cute :)
Box was mailed today. YAAAY !!!!
Father's teaching.
Survivor and Grey's Anatomy reruns. Booo.....
I'm also thankful that You put an end to the kitten hostage crisis :) Please don't let it happen again, It's too hard on me and all those kidney bean kittens and their families.
Love Hugs and Kisses on You XOXOXO :) :) :>
What's up with the trafic?? I thought we were the trafic kings. At least you were together! Good time to look for interesting road signs. Hey...maybe you can play the road alphabet game...maybe not.
Weathers been great around here. Santa Ana conditions. Warm and clear. Of course inside the office has been 62 degrees. The boiler is not working they say. Brand new though. Signe and Linda have to step outside just to thaw out. I might have to wear sock pretty soon.
Love you both...miss you too.
Friday
J Crew...Jean Jacket, Medium, $25, Reduced from $98
Sephora...Cargo Eyeshadow, Bordeaux...Urban Decay Eyeshadow, Mildew
Macy's...Perfume, Happy :)
Fresh...Checked it out, Need to know what Your interests are there :)
Target...Eyeshadow brushes, Shampoo, etc.
Let Me know how Your weekend went.
Is Sean better? How about Anna?
Made Chicken and Dumplings
Watched Signs with T & T after agility 4 June.
Sampled Pumpkin Bars at Wm. Sonoma Delish !!!!!! Think it's a mix. Need to check further.
'Til next comment.....Love and Peace My Dear Ones :) :) :>
Spare me my life.
Spare me my life.
54 Trick or Treaters :)
David Rawlin Price is born !!!!!!!
By my calculations, you've only blogged once every 5.7 days since you've been in NZ, forcing Mom (who is online commenting on blogs for heaven's sake) to comment 3 times on a single blog.
correction...4 times.
Post a Comment