goings on
I have now worked 3 times for Discoverys Learning Center. I am beginning to enjoy it more, but my back is hamburger, and I had a huge headache last night. I haven't had that kind of headache in a while. Sean and I went to an 18-30 year-olds bible study at the pastor of Calvary Chapel Auckland's house. It was really nice to meet a few people our age who are believers. I'm looking forward to going again and forming some good friendships. They had just started going through Daniel, last night covered the second chapter. We sort of got roped into a pantomime practice afterwards for the church's 8th anniversary celebration on Saturday (which we probably won't be able to go to anyway because we have IRB training at Piha). We were acting out the Lord's prayer as it was read aloud. So we were all in a line doing different motions and I must say, nothing brings people together like making total fools of themselves in front of each other. Particularly funny was seeing Sean doing these mimes right next to me. Golden. I'm really happy that we got to go together and I think it will be great to be able to continue doing things like that together. (when I say things like that I don't really mean pantomime, just bible studies and stuff)
Went out today with Anna to several different places. Just got back at 4 and I'm a bit tired and sore but I had a good time. It's always nice to see more of the city. Sean and I are going to go out this evening I think. I have no idea what we're going to do, but I'm sure we'll think of something. Shopping's not really an option because things close relatively early here and besides, I wouldn't want to put Sean through that after he's spent all day at work. Anna took me to a store that a friend of her's owns that has vintage jewelry and stuff. She got a necklace and bracelet, but I couldn't find anything I wanted. It makes me wish I wasn't so picky. I did buy eight beads at another shop though! Can you believe it? Eight beads!!! Epic purchase, I know.
I'm in the mood for frozen yogurt.

ta.
5 comments:
Too bad you don't have a Subway/Mail Boxes Etc./Internet Cafe/Ben and Jerry's around the corner like I do.
You know me
Text challenged
I need pictures with the chat
Thank You for the Ben and Jerry photo :)
Chat ( and ) photos
Bible study...GREAT
Saving Cash by buying only 8 beads, That's my girl!!
Growing sensitivity to the world that is MOTHERING priceless!!!!!!
PIHA .....FUN :)
While You are Springing...I am Falling...
I love my nonfat vanilla yogurt... It's Yum !!!!!!
Naked Blue Machine...The best
With just a hint of Ovaltine...WOWZA!!!
Not to mention an occasional fling with Bryers natural vanilla...Be still my heart------
Chicken fettucini tonight
Hold the cholesterol...Or my heart will be stilled!!!!!
URAQT so's He
LOVES FROM ME 2 U
"So we were all in a line doing different motions and I must say, nothing brings people together like making total fools of themselves in front of each other."
So that is why Tamra and I always crack up whenever we hear the songs "Above All" and "How Great Thou Art" (that's my way of saying, "Amen, sista!") My own experiences with Christian pantomime have also been quite comical. I can just picture you too now! :-) In Palau we decided to form the "Happy Hands" club - I think that you and Sean are officially members.
By the way - who is Anna? (I am sure that I am missing something here!)
P.S. I have just noticed my erroneous use of homophones. Replace t-o-o with t-w-o. :-)
Next week you can use the eight beads in your pantomine. Think of the possibilities. Just make sure Java doesn't choke on them (any of the eight beads). That would be bad.
Post a Comment